We are a performance driven company that leverages the collective experience, entrepreneurial spirit, and execution capabilities of our people to create long-term value for our partners, employees, and the communities in which we operate.
- To be a best-in-class organization that is most admired for its people, performance, and professionalism.
- Attract, develop and retain highly motivated people with integrity, aptitude, and the desire to make meaningful contributions in a team environment
- Generate superior risk-adjusted investment returns.
- Inspire the confidence and loyalty of our investors.
- Building long-term partner relationships based on transparency, mutual trust, and respect.
- The safety, health, and work-life balance of our people.
- Treating investors as true partners, and their money as if it were our own.
- Fostering a culture of optimism, opportunity, teamwork and resourcefulness for our people where everyone can make a difference.
- Conducting our corporate activities with the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Innovation in the fields of property search, marketing, and management.
- Being known for consistently doing the little things and the big things, well.
At Chatham Bay our core focus is converting or repositioning underutilized properties into high quality assets, in high barrier-to-entry markets, at a stabilized cost basis well below their competitive set.
Our theory on adding value is simple: we believe adding value in real estate is about superior deal identification & execution skills and not just about cap rate compression and access to inexpensive debt. Our approach to adding value is driven by the following philosophy:
We seek to identify opportunities and inefficiencies within a given real estate market through an extensive network of real estate professionals, property owners, and municipal officials. Once a potential opportunity is identified, our team will begin a rigorous and systematic analysis of demographic trends, supply/demand fundamentals, and the competitive set in an effort to identify a clear and compelling competitive advantage. Once identified, we will design a value enhancement program to acquire, redevelop, stabilize, and refinance out initial investor equity. We rely on the expertise of our in-house management and operating affiliates for hands-on execution from inception to completion.
Whenever possible, obtain attractive third-party contributions such as historic tax credits, New Market Tax Credits, governmental programs such as TIFFs, TADs, CDDs, and seller financings to further reduce cost basis and to enable an asset to be the low-cost provider of space in its given market.
Mitigate risk through phasing, pre-selling, pre-leasing, and re-tenanting.Create dual liquidity options of recapitalization and disposition upon stabilization.
Create Value at Every Stage
Target disinterested sellers & markets with high barriers-to-competition.
Acquire at a discount to the competitive set.
Add value through entitlements & assemblage.
Create income streams rather than acquiring them.